Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default Moronic woman wants everyone else to suffer for her own stupidity

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 13:25:35 +0100, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:

On 2017-07-20, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
I just got asked to sign a petition requiring everybody to
install a
lockable fence around their garden pond incase their child (or
someone
else's) falls into it. The reason? Her own 2 year old fell in
her
unfenced pond and drowned. So because she didn't have a fence,
she
thinks everyone else should? Er.... so why didn't she have one
then?

Very sad, but it may be a case of her salving her conscience.

Agreed, but why should I go to a deal of expense and inconvenience
because
she's a useless moron?

I think we are compelled to do all kinds of things for no logical
reason. All part of the nonsense that is life.

No, all part of the nonsense that is our government. **** the law,
break the rules, do as you wish. 3 million a year caught speeding,
yet
they continue to keep speeding as an offence?

Well, I think government can do a few useful things, as long as they
keep a very low profile. But there's an even worse thing called
politics, which just wrecks everything.

In this case prosecute the woman for child neglect.

When my sister brought her 2 year old to visit, she removed anything
below a height of 3 ft, inmcluding dozens of books,because 'he likes to
pull things over'

I've a young lad myself, and have been more cautious than I would ever
have imagined possible. I think I'm one of those 'helicopter parents'.
But I can't imagine how anyone could be otherwise. I guess it's one of
those things where you have to have had children to understand.
Probably hormones kicking in :-)

Wrapping your kids in cotton wool will make them inadequate in later
life. You're a **** parent.

I'm aware of the possibility. Do you have children of your own?