Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default Internet car sales

I may be being paranoid, but............

In looking to find an affordable auto 4x4 that will tow 3.5 tons and has
low range with no difflock, I seem to keep coming across suspicious
adverts (ebay, gumtree, etc.) often for Range Rover Sports that invite
questions to an email address at tbtmail.uk or bmbmail.uk. Prices are
always suspiciously low and usually there is no feedback history. The
cars seem to be listed for a long period, so maybe never actually sell.

I just ignore them usually, but today I was intrigued and tried to find
something about tbtmail.uk or bmbmail, but there seems no information
anywhere.

Today's flurry of adverts seem to be "from" "garrythegrout" of
Bromsgrove, who has 4 low-priced Land Rover products for sale in
Liverpool. It looks as though this may be a stolen identity.

This has all the hallmarks of some sort of scam, but I can't think what
the aim is.
--
Bill