Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default Moronic woman wants everyone else to suffer for her own stupidity

On 2017-07-20, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
I just got asked to sign a petition requiring everybody to install a
lockable fence around their garden pond incase their child (or someone
else's) falls into it. The reason? Her own 2 year old fell in her
unfenced pond and drowned. So because she didn't have a fence, she
thinks everyone else should? Er.... so why didn't she have one then?

Very sad, but it may be a case of her salving her conscience.

Agreed, but why should I go to a deal of expense and inconvenience because
she's a useless moron?

I think we are compelled to do all kinds of things for no logical
reason. All part of the nonsense that is life.

[Nods sadly]

I'm still not fencing my ponds off, though. Anyone who falls in them
had to climb over a locked gate to get there, so tough titty.

I probably wouldn't either. It would have to be a spectacularly useless
burglar that managed to drown himself (I think I can safely use the word
'himself' here without upsetting the ladies). I think this poor woman
is probably trying to transfer or dissipate away from herself some of
the blame she no doubt feels. Having not been in the situation, I don't
imagine that I could ever understand what she's trying to do.