Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Moronic woman wants everyone else to suffer for her own stupidity

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 01:03:57 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 23:31:39 +0100, Steve Walker

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 12:09:51 +0100, Dave Liquorice
wrote:

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 08:28:28 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

How about a strong mesh over the top just below the surface that stops
them going in.

You can drown in an 1" of water...

No you can't, unless you're unconscious. Otherwise you simply lift
yourself out of the water. Conscious people can only drown in water
deeper than their own height. And then only if they're so ****ing
unbelievably stupid as to have never learned to swim. Why do we care
for these fools?

Incorrect. There are rare cases of people falling over into a puddle and
a small amount of cold water hitting the back of the throat, this has
caused a sudden and instant inability to breath resulting in death.

ROTFPMSL! Were you drunk when you made that up? If water hits the back
of the throat, you cough, or people would die everytime they had a cold
drink.

I didn't make it up. I know of at least one widely reported case some
years ago from a coroner's court. The woman had died in exactly this
way. I can't find it at the moment, but here is an exerpt from RowSafe
from British Rowing.

"As you fall in and when you are in the water, cold water hitting your
throat can cause it to spasm and stop water, but also air! getting into
your lungs. This shock to your throat causes €śdry-drowning€ť where
casualties are found to have no water in their lungs. When falling in,
keep your mouth closed and pinch your nose shut if you can, avoid
jumping feet first into water as this will cause the water to shoot up
your nose and hit your throat. When in the water, keep your back to the
waves to help stop the water going into your mouth and nose."

This is also referred to as "dry" drowning, but should not be confused
with the following.

ONE case of a woman who had something seriously wrong with her. It just doesn't happen normally or it would be happening all the time in swimming pools, at beaches, and whenever someone had a drink.

There is also "dry" drowning where someone has aspirated some water, but
seems okay afterwards. Hours or even days later they can deteriorate and
die.

Right....

Plenty of cases of that to be found.

And billions more where it didn't. I've breathed in water quite a lot of times when swimming in the sea. I just cough it back up.

Even when someone can stand up in the water, if they are unable to get
out, they can rapidly suffer loss of body heat, loss of consciousness
and drowning. A young child falling into a pond or pool mid-winter could
easily suffer this.

Bull****. Ponds are shallow enough to climb out of, and pools have
ladders.

Young children may not be able to climb out or get to a ladder. They may
be crawling and not even able to stand.

Then don't leave them crawling about in the garden unattended, and certainly don't blame everyone else!

Anyway, it takes hours to get cold in water. You don't believe that 15
minute myth that's going around do you?

It doesn't take hours for a small child in a pond at close to 0°C.. Cramp
and numbness can set in very quickly making the child unable to help
themselves or even stand.

Age is nothing to do with it.

--
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change ready.