TURTLE

Default window condensation inside...

"M&B" wrote in message

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"M&B" wrote in message
hey all, i've been having a problem for a while in the winters with
condensation forming on the windows. i had wood double hung windows

with
triple track storm windows which i replaced this spring w/ a very good

vinyl
replacement window. and just recently re-sided w/ a layer of 1/2"

foam
and
vinyl siding. we've had a few nights dip into the mid to lower 30's

and
now
in the morning condensation on the windows. we keep a dehumidifyer in

the
basement and the humidity level down there is usually about 47% at

about
65
degrees F. up stairs (it's a 1,400 sqft. ranch) where we are having

the
problem the humidity level is just about the same but can range from

45%-57%
and the them usually goes no lower than 63 degrees F in the house.

there
is
never condensation on the basement windows. once the temp outside

warms
up
and the heat in the house gets going the condensation will dry up

after
wipe most of it away. the thermostat for the house is set to 68

degrees
during the day and 63 at night. when we first bought the house i

added
more
insulation to the attic, hoping that i could solve the problem but it

didn't
help and i hoped that with the new windows it would solve the problem
peroid, but it hasn't. any help would be appreciated.

mike.......

This is Turtle.

It cases like this Moving of air in the room will stop this. another one
here is the Double insulted windows are not suppose to do this so I

think
the Gas inbetween the two glasses is gone / defective double insulted
windows. Here is a list of cures below.

my windows are brand new, i just installed them in May.

Ceiling fan

i have ceiling fans in every room and they seem to help a little. i keep
them on low in reverse to move the air but not make it too breezy and

chilly
for the kids at night.

Box fan
Central unit with fan running all the time.
New Double insulted windows
Anything that will move air over the window.

thanks,

mike.............

This is Turtle.

Let me be a little more clear here. Double insulted window DO NOT SWEAT ON
THE INSIDE without one of these things going wrong.

There is 1 of 4 things going on here.

1) You have a bad air leak around the window area.

2) You have 100% RH in your home.

3) You have defective double insulted window with the gas gone out of the
inter area between the double glasses.

4) You have blinds that seal the ceiling fan air off from passing over the
window area.

1 of these things is going on.

TURTLE