CBHvac

Default Kerosine Heaters

"K Wind" wrote in message
news

"mark Ransley" wrote in message
Co builds up in the blood , minimal exposure builds up over many days
in your blood. Fix the dam furnace ,unless you live out west and
have cheap hydro power, gas heat is 50% cheaper than electric.

I hear you. The best I could do was to stop the furnace from being used.

The
first time it was worked on, the gasket between the burner
motor/pump/igniter assembly and the front of the furnace was destroyed.

The
burner motor/pump/igniter assembly was installed without the gasket. The
house filled up with fumes. Can't say for sure that the fumes were due to
the missing gasket, I just knew one should be there.

Depends...is it a ThermoPride oil furnace?
Or is it an old Nordyne or similar? Some units gaskets are not available and
Kaowool liners come with more than ample extra to allow for this.

As far as fumes go...if its an oil unit, you got more problems than a
gasket...

I complained and
instead of installing a gasket, chamber lining was used.

And thats fine, and actually a better material if installed correctly than
the old gasket.

I questioned that
and now the furnace is not going to used and the space heater is. I am
unable to make these people understand that furnaces SHOULD NOT be

modified
in any way.

Unless you are a dealer that is privy to upgrade or modification
information.
THEN, you can.

If a new gasket is to be used, two are going to installed
because if one is good, two is even better. Never mind that the furnace

will
not be in compliance because of modification.

Not only that, its going to leak about 4X faster....sheesh.

I know this from my electrical engineering background. I have taken many
machines
through UL, CSA, ETL, FCC, CE, etc... . This included evaluation, testing,
researching the parts, manufacturing and assembly documentation, and

writing
a report for the institution that was going to supply the appropriate

label.

How in hell did I know?
I do work for a mechanical engineer that designs commercial HVAC systems,
but he wont touch an oil burner...ask him. I was just over at his moms last
night, with him there, repairing someone elses brilliant move on the
unit...it about killed her...and hes been doing this over 30 years...the
neighbor that tried to help....he came within about an hour of killing her
with CO and maybe 30 minutes of burning the home down...

We go through this process to make machines safe for consumers.

Shame we cant make the units consumer proof.

Any tech that puts two gaskets on your unit, needs to be remanded to the
state local licence board.

Ken