Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Moronic woman wants everyone else to suffer for her own stupidity

Brian Gaff wrote

Yes there does seem to be a fault in her logic there.So suggestions fro
inventive devices to stop children drowning in ponds that does not look
like a fence which takes away from the aesthetic appeal.

How about a strong mesh over the top just below the surface that stops
them going in.

Should be fine for ponds but clearly not for swimming pools.

I realise you lot can't swim and don’t have pools.

Or maybe some kind of device that all children wear that has every pond
in the area on it coded into a gps chip?
grin.

The little buggers would just reprogram it and make an obscene
gesture in your general direction after they had done that.

OK I know its very sad, and one can understand the lady, but really its up
to parents to be aware of what their children are doing.

Easier said than done tho with your own pond 24/7.

Certainly makes sense not to have one when the rug rats are
that young, but that doesn’t help with visitors. My nephew
damned near managed to drown himself when visiting with
his parents.

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
I just got asked to sign a petition requiring everybody to install a
lockable fence around their garden pond incase their child (or someone
else's) falls into it. The reason? Her own 2 year old fell in her
unfenced pond and drowned. So because she didn't have a fence, she thinks
everyone else should? Er.... so why didn't she have one then?