Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] goodsoldierschweik@invalid.junk is offline

Default Any good use of carbide PCB drills

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 21:18:52 -0500, Ignoramus17939
wrote:

I am parting out a PCB drilling CNC machine. Inside of it, there is a
good pile of a few lbs of carbide "PCB Drills". These are tiny drills
and perhaps end mills, with what looks like 1/8" shanks.

I wonder if there is any non-PCB use for them. I do realize that these
carbide drills can only be used in CNC equipment, and I have a CNC
milling machine. Trying to think of any good use cases but can't.

Depending on exactly what they are they work well in a small hand held
demel grinder. I buy both the drills and what appear to be tiny end
mills that are cheap, break easily, but can do small jobs on hard
material. "Cheap" being the key word here :-)
--
Cheers,

Schweik