Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default Sharpening Stones

Do you consider a Machette to be a form of sword? I was kinda thinking
about how similar it looks. I've got a better edge on the machette than
I used to, but haven't quite found the right technique yet.

What angle are you sharpening them at?

These CAN be used as a machete...
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...20-Brandts.jpg

Do you create a rounded bevel? ... Puckdropper

Swords I linked currently have very dull convex edges. They're not
really intended for cutting. I will reprofile the edges on at least
one but not make them very sharp for safety reasons. They can however
be made very sharp. I may also create a wall mount for them. They were
made to be carried, and sheaths are available, but bad to store steel
in leather and you can't really see it to appreciate it that way.

---
http://www.avg.com