Phisherman

Default Kerosine Heaters

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:14:23 GMT, "K Wind"
wrote:

I'm living in a house with a broken furnace and the plan is to use a
kerosene heater in the kitchen along with electric space heaters in other
rooms. It's a Dyna-Glo RMC-95-C2. What should I be worried about? A friend
has promised to send me a CO alarm. Hopefully it will arrive before the
heater is brought in and fired up. These people think the dogs will warn us
if there is a problem with Carbon Monoxide because it will affect them
before it will affect humans. How can I make sure this space heater is
operated safely?

Ken

Kerosene heaters are not safe. Stop by your local fire station and
talk with a fire-fighter who knows. It is not worth the savings. Get
a CO detector with a digital readout anyway--CO is odorless and
deadly.