M&B

Default window condensation inside...

"mark Ransley" wrote in message
I just read that when you first turn your furnace in fall its normal for
windows to fog because you built up high humidity from summer , and
your house should dry out as you use your heat. Is your attic vented
well.
If its above 40 you should be around 40%

we have 3 gable vents, 1 on each side and one in the front.

the previous owner has fiberglass insulation installed in the basement just
between the floor joists and the sill plate to protect from outside air,
i've been thinking about removing that fiberglass and seeing if that helps.
this has been an on going problem for years and it's getting real
frustrating to go thru this every day of the winter. the thing is it's only
at night and usually when it's cold and dry outside not cold and damp.

anything else that comes to mind lemme know.

thanks,