Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Re-sharpen bandsaw blade?

wrote in message
Using a fairly new very coarse bandsaw blade sawing some aluminum
castings a few teeth were damaged. I think maybe a piece of sand
took
'em out. Anyway, the rest of the teeth are fine but there are
perhaps
8 teeth in succession that are damaged and of course now the saw
jumps
when these teeth come around. The blade is a good bi-metal variable
pitch blade. So I'm wondering about just sharpening the bad teeth
since most of each tooth still remains. Anyone done this? Got any
advice?
Thanks,
Eric

I have my dull 16 foot long sawmill blades reground for $8 locally. It
depends on what the sharpening shop has for equipment.

-jsw