Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default Decent make of 1/4 turn lever taps?

Tim Watts wrote:

https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/Pegl...51901/p/568212

Thank you...

I have a spare tape (cartridge doner) so I can take that over and check
the thread length.

Another thing occurred too... I am thinking of replacing the bath taps
with a combined unit with spray hose. The original plan was to have a
full shower there, but it's not really practical - so a hose for hair
washing would be good.

I replaced two taps with a combined unit and shower hose, and it works
well (now), but because the pressure of our gravity fed hot water is so
feeble compared to the cold water pressure, it ended up with the cold
water pushing the hot water back into the copper tank and header tank.
If you have gravity fed hot water, you will need to fit a booster pump.

All because the missus wanted continental-style taps :-)

I thought of that when drilling he tap holes in the bath and spaced them
according to what seemed to be a universal spacing distance...