Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Decent make of 1/4 turn lever taps?

On 18/07/17 12:53, Tim Watts wrote:
Hi,

I've had some taps from an online retailer (proper bathroom fittings
vendor, not some misc junk shifter) and I'm not happy with them...

I've had splines work loose (too fine), a cartridge fail and now one is
getting very creaky but the lever screw is seized so impossible to take
apart and grease.

And all are suffering from corrosion and plating failure.

Come later in the summer, I'm going to replace all 4 in the bathroom...

So any recommendations for well made and long lived ones?

Caveats:

1) Yes I like lever taps...

2) The only constraint is the thread length needs to be identical to
marry to the fixed pipework, but I assume that's fairly likely.

https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/Pegl...51901/p/568212

--
Theres a mighty big difference between good, sound reasons and reasons
that sound good.

Burton Hillis (William Vaughn, American columnist)