Gary Tait

Default Power connections for stove

Whereas On 23 Oct 2003 10:20:13 GMT, (Randd01)
scribbled:
, I thus relpy:
I just replaced my father in laws electric stove and the new stoves are 4 prong
not three. Make sure you find out which one your new stove will have before you
go buy anything.
Wade or anyone else do you know the reason for the neutral on 220V I don't
understand why it is needed. THough all you needed was two feeds of 110V and a
ground. Are they splitting the power and running the controls and clock on 110V
now?

tHe are using the neutral to power clocks and such. For new
installations, the code no longer allows using the ground as the
neutral for a stove, but if it is two wires + ground there, you can
install an old style recepticle there, and install an old style cord
on the stove.
--
Gary J. Tait . Email is at yahoo.com ; ID:classicsat