Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default quiet generator (was Tires....help needed on choices)

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 19:39:52 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 18:31:30 -0400, Neon John wrote:

On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 15:52:20 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Wow, 400 hours of work and you gave it away? I've always hated the
noise gensets put out, too. Compressors are bad enough, so I'm
working on a housing for mine now. (Project 143 or so on the priority
list now.)

I hate the sound of running machinery. Because up here in the
mountains the power goes off for longer than 24 hours about every
month, I bought and installed Generac's 10 kW automatic standby
generator system. It works perfectly. EXCEPT. It uses a B&S
Vanguard twin cylinder air-cooled engine and a 2 pole alternator. That
means 3600 RPM roar. Intolerably loud.

Next genset you buy..get a 1800 RPM genny. They last forever and can
be had really....really cheaply on Ebay, government auctions and so
forth. And get a diesel one.

Sorry John..jumped too quick.

---