Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Do the Toyota Camry headlight polishers actually work well?

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 20:31:57 -0500, Vic Smith wrote:

You have to try it yourself. I used Blue Magic on 2 cars and it cleared up fogging,
yellowing and very minor scratches. It cost about 6 bucks for enough to for a dozen cars.
Just pour a bit on a cotton rag - I like to use old T-shirts - add a minute or two of elbow
grease and hose it off. Or spray some Windex and use a rag to clean the residue.
The lenses won't look new, because it won't take out pits and deep scratches.
But it's a big improvement.

Thanks for that specific pointer to "Blue Magic".

A quick search shows "Blue Magic" seems to be a line of "things" but
specifically two related things:

1. Blue Magic 725CD-06 Headlight Lens Restorer - 8 oz
https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Magic-72.../dp/B001PH0WUU

2. Blue Magic 730-6 Headlight Lens Sealer - 8 oz.
https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Magic-73.../dp/B0051PJWQW

A. Here is the Blue Magic "restorer" MSDS:
http://bluemagicusa.com/index.php/bl...lens_restorer/
Aluminium Oxide, Non-Fibrous (50 - 70%)
Distillates, Hydrotreated Light (5 - 10%)
Ammonium Hydroxide, Buffer Solution (1 - 5%)
Neodol 23-6.5E (1 - 5%) ==== what is that?
Argilla (1 - 5%) ==== what is that?
Pluronic F 98 (1 - 5%) ==== what is that?
Acrylates Copolymer (1%) === hmmmm... what is this?
CI 77007 (1%) ===== CI?

B. Here is the Blue Magic "sealer" MSDS:
http://bluemagicusa.com/index.php/bl...t_lens_sealer/
Hydrotreated Light Distillate (75.0 ¡V 85.0%)
Polydimethylsiloxane (18.0 ¡V 28.0 %) == ?

I have some homework to do but thanks for the pointer since this "Blue
Magic" "sealer" and "restorer" seem to be ubiquitous based on the result of
a quick search.