Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default making a wagon wheel

On 16/07/17 10:16, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
newshound writes
On 7/14/2017 8:10 PM, Tim+ wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

misterroy wrote:

I accidentally started watching this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JVcE8gho4k
interesting.

That popped-up on my recommended youtube feed yesterday

Damn you !!

I managed to avoid watching it ... until now :-)

Just watched it. I love that these skills are still around. ;-)
Tim

+1. Lovely commentary too.

I wonder how they spell felloes?

As above:-)

You should all read *The Wheelwright's Shop* by George Sturt.

He describes in detail the making of a cart wheel. Similar procedure to
the film but the wheel *dished* rather than flat as the borax one. The
axles were inclined such that the wheel rim would *take the ruts* while
the top would allow a wider wagon body.

thh wheel in the vid. was dished, just not by so much

"What kind of person is not interested in those things?"

"Jeremy Corbyn?"