Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Wave tower and 'portable' air purifier

On 7/15/2017 10:44 AM, Corinne Apostle wrote:
I have had both the installed Wave system (the tower) and the
stand-alone air
purifier since last August (2016). Since that time I have developed
mildew on
basement furniture, a prevailing odor of cat urine no matter how many
times I
clean it, and tile floors that just don't dry! I miss my costly
dehumidifiers
and don't know what to do next. I am trying to sell my home! (granted we
have
had an unusually wet spring/summer, but last year was also pretty wet and
pre-Wave I didn't have the issues I now have!). Any suggestions on a better
system (I have heard that Qair is THE best, but very costly)?

Sounds like step one is a dehumidifier. The dampness will enhance the
odor. There are chemicals that are specific to eliminating urine odors
too.

Sounds like the Wave is not working.Did a contractor install it? I'd
get it checked out or trash it.