Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Download for Windows Live Mail Email Client

On 14/07/17 10:42, John Rumm wrote:

I'm using Thunderbird as a poor replacement for Outlook Express which is
also no longer available. My biggest moan is that Thunderbird keeps
freezing and has to be closed and re opened regularly.

I would be tempted to do a clean install of it then, since that is not
a common behaviour.

Sadly on latest versions it is.

Worse is seems to be using a common core with firefox, so when won
freezes, so does the other.

Perhaps this is something specific to the linux version? I have not been
getting any additional reports of problems from the 200 odd desktops I
manage running that combo under Windows...

The last three incarnations of Fierfx and thunderbird are the most
freeze/crash prone I have ever used.

--
Cheers,

John.