Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Garbage Disposal Seizes Up

On 7/14/2017 6:51 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

If these are tenants, sure you can take away appliances and then they
can never call and complain the appliances don't work.

My daughter recently moved into an apartment. The disposal was old, loud and leaking. We
put it on the punch list of the things that needed attention and gave it to the landlord.
The disposal was replaced with a brand new (quiet) one the next day.

As they say, different strokes.

Her landlord probably realizes the more expensive unit means less
problems, making it cheapest solution in the long run.

In this house I'm on my second KitchenAid (sibling of InSinkErator) in
36 years.