Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Download for Windows Live Mail Email Client

On 14/07/2017 09:35, Muddymike wrote:

I'm using Thunderbird as a poor replacement for Outlook Express which is
also no longer available. My biggest moan is that Thunderbird keeps
freezing and has to be closed and re opened regularly.

I would be tempted to do a clean install of it then, since that is not a
common behaviour.

Plus I cant work out how to just delete newsgroup threads rather than
archive them or how to block individuals.

Deleting - there are a few options. On more recent versions just hitting
the delete key on a posting will remove it from your machine. Hitting K
will kill a thread - next time you switch back to the group you have
killed threads in, they will not be shown. Shift + K will kill just sub
threads.

You can do much more with filters. Have a look at :

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...cess_tips#Tips

for some examples.

--
Cheers,