Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Garbage Disposal Seizes Up

On 7/13/2017 4:44 PM, Nannette Kendall wrote:
I have a tenant who says she rarely uses her garbage disposal. However,
it is
seized up when she does try to use it. Is it just rusting to the point it
won't turn? If so, is there a way to lubricate it to keep it from rusting?

What makes you think it is rust? Could be what she is putting in it
forming a crust over time and causing it to stall. I bet if she
flippied it on for just a second every couple of days it would be better.

It i also possible the disposal is 30 years old with dried up bearings.