Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] ljprepgp@gmail.com is offline

Default Tires....help needed on choices

On Sunday, July 2, 2017 at 10:55:12 AM UTC-7, Neon John wrote:
On Sat, 01 Jul 2017 23:05:44 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

They are
sized LT 225/R75/16, 10 ply, load range E

Any suggestion as to brand etc etc etc would be greatly appreciated.
Ive not had to buy heavy duty tires in decades...so its way the hell
outside of my expertise.

Gunner, 10 ply tires for a van, even if you load a ton into it? Goodyear Wrangler HT Tire LT225/75R16/10 are $125 a pop at Wally World.

I just put a set of 6 Cooper tires that size on my motor home. I'm
extremely happy with the ride quality. $145 each mounted and
balanced.

I liked the set of Coopers I had on my Corvair but wasn't as happy with their longevity.

Sorry, Gunner, no heavy-duty tire knowledge from me. Clare will likely have some info.

Any idea of how to determine how old a tire is? I figure date of
manufacture is marked somewhere on the tire....how do I find it and
decode it?

Sure. Some brands have the date in plain English on the outer side
wall. The rest have a code date on the inner sidewall.

Nah. You put those tires on the wrong side of the car, John.
Well, unless they were Aussie import tires.

http://www.neon-john.com

Got any newer pics of that diesel genset? That's cool. What's the weight?

http://www.tnduction.com

That Roy 1500 has some beefy cooling fins on it. Only half the heat goes into the coil, eh? (Kidding. I know that the heat in the object is created by the eddy currents from the coil.)