Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help! my goodman central air quit working today:(

On 7/12/2017 10:32 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 7/12/2017 8:27 PM, bob haller wrote:
its about 10 years old, and in all that time it worked flawlessely.

Today I found the house very hot. the external compressor wasnt
running but making a wierd sound, the fan on top not turning. i
pulled the power disconnect but it still made the same sound

the in the house blower was running but no cool

my wife has severe asthma, with breathing problems.

any ideas of what might be wrong?

Starting Capacitor in the compressor died?

That'd be my guess . We have a Goodman unit at our house in Memphis , it
seems to blow the cap about every other year . Uncle Monster suggested a
surge protector , that might help .

--

Snag