Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Flesh Sensing Kapex, Track Saws, Domino ??

On 7/11/2017 11:44 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/10/2017 11:42 PM, Leon wrote:
On 7/10/2017 5:59 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 14:09:48 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/9/2017 6:15 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 9 Jul 2017 08:12:29 -0600, Brewster wrote:

On 7/9/17 7:22 AM, Leon wrote:

I would say that Festool was pretty smart with the acquisition of
SawStop.
Obviously more costly than just buying a license to offer the
technology
but also an investment into remaining relevant.

So Leon, are you ready for your next Domino to have a steel spike
explosively shoot into the motor armature and the bit get
vaporized by a
laser when your finger gets too close to the cutter? 8^)

I'll be very interested if Festool does come out with a table saw.
Not
necessarily to buy one, but to see what innovative features they
might
come up with. The TS has not changed much in the past century
beyond a
raise/tilt system and a fence, what truly game changing feature could
possibly be next (besides more safety stuff)?
\
Why would Festool come out with a table saw. They like SawStop so
much that they bought the company. They don't need to develop
anything.

If the have a strong hold and name recognition in a particular market
they will just re-brand the SawStop. Labels are cheap.

Prezactly. Maybe paint it green.

I suspect that SawStop holds it's own and would not need to be renamed.

It does here, but what about in Romania? That is where rebadging may
make sense if the Festool name is well recognized there.

I see your point but have you heard of Hammer, Atendorf? While not
brands we often see, any of us have heard of them. With Youtube and the
demo's I suspect that woodworkers every where are familiar with the
SawStop brand. And I would be surprised if SawStop was not already
available in Europe, Australia, ect.