Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Download for Windows Live Mail Email Client

I think one has to be careful as some downloads are just the stub loader and
rely on the files being on Microsofts server which they are not. Given time
I might be able to find a version with all files from before the removal.
However to be honest I use Outlook Express now hacked to work on windows 10
7 etc, which I think cost about 20 Euros to register for three machines.
Not official but the only problem I have found with it is that Microsoft
trash it on a major update to windows 10.
Other than that you can still use Thunderbird, and if not blind you can use
many other clients like Outlook Express clasic and others which are look
alikes but sadly don't work with my screenreader.

The mail app in windows is usable but I don't think it does news.

I'm using Outlook express at the moment on windows 7.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 10/07/2017 10:28, Alaric wrote:
For many years I have used Windows Live Mail. However, I bought a new
Acer laptop last week and have been unable to install it because MS no
longer supports it. I tried to transfer it from my old computer but not
having the .exe file in my Downloads folder I am stumped. Can anyone
offer me guidance in this regard. I am computer literate but by no means
an expert. My thanks in advance.

This link still seems to allow a download:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...dows_live.html

(at your own risk and all that!)

--
Cheers,