Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ABLE1[_3_] ABLE1[_3_] is offline

Default Bubble Wrap - Its Metalworking Related Really

On 7/10/2017 9:58 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
I ship machined aluminum molds all over the world now. Primarily by
USPS Priority Mail. Since they are aluminum I am concerned about dings
and dents in transit. It happens. I usually wrap the molds in bubble
wrap and then pack in other packing materials to stabilize them in the
container. Now being somewhat of a harder I've always saved bubble wrap
for the occasional shipping I had to do as a communications contractor.
Now I'm starting to run out.

I'm not against buying bubble wrap, but the price at the local office
supply stores is insane. The flip side is its pretty reasonable
on-line, but the shipping cost gets the net cost back up there again.
Other than hording air in little plastic pockets like I have done, what
do you guys that ship stuff do to keep the costs down?

Every piece of bubble wrap that comes in is placed in storage boxes in
my office, but its just not enough.

Hey Bob,

When I was reading your quest I remembered a customer of mine that has a
bubble wrap making machine.

Something like this:
https://www.uline.com/BL_174/Instant...e-Roll-Machine

Personally I don't know the economics of it all but you may want to run
the numbers for yourself.

Hope that helps.

Have a good week.

Les