Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Time for a new mower...

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 13:29:20 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

You bought cheep - they still make GREAT stuff. Don't cut off your
nose to spite your face. What are you going to buy that is as good as
, say, a JD X758, or even an X750. Cannot compare them to a D110 or a
D105 at 1/10 the price - - - -.

You want "green quality" be ready to put out a LOT more "green" than
$1400!!!! Up here in Canada a X750 is a little over 14 GRAND!!!.
If you only need it for mowing, a Z500n series mower would be a good
bet - about a thousand more than a Z300 series - and likely worth
every extra cent.

I think my yard is just the wrong size. Too large for the inexpensive
mowers and too small to justify the price for the large mowers. For a
small yard I could buy a Murry every 5 years and come out way a head in
the price game.

At around the 14 Grand mark it would be less expensive for me to just
pay someone to mow the yard at my age.. I could leave that much in the
IRA and with a good return on the stock market break even and not have
to do the work.