Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Time for a new mower...

On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 13:29:20 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

You bought thecheep riding lawn mower instead of rhe better lawn
tractor, or the better yet garden tractor, or best, their "compact
tractor" JD cheapened their brand by putting their name on cheap crap
to meet a pricepoint for the "mass merchandizers" It's biting them in
the butt in a BIG way right now. Has almost killed Ariens too. Cub
Cadet not far behind, alonf with Bolens.

Yes, I did. At the time I di dnot know any better. I grew up in a
small city and we only had a small yard to mow with a push mower. Then
got married and moved to about a half acre lot. Old Murry served well
for that small area. Moved to where I had to mow close to 2 acres.
Thought John Deere was a big name with quality equipment. Did not know
they put out low end junk to compete with other low end equipmnet.

When the transaxel went out, found out a company makes several different
quality ones for many brands. Deere used the lowest quality one in the
mower I bought. I will never buy another thing from them due to that
simple thing.

You bought cheep - they still make GREAT stuff. Don't cut off your
nose to spite your face. What are you going to buy that is as good as
, say, a JD X758, or even an X750. Cannot compare them to a D110 or a
D105 at 1/10 the price - - - -.

You want "green quality" be ready to put out a LOT more "green" than
$1400!!!! Up here in Canada a X750 is a little over 14 GRAND!!!.
If you only need it for mowing, a Z500n series mower would be a good
bet - about a thousand more than a Z300 series - and likely worth
every extra cent.