Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Time for a new mower...

In article ,
says...

What say you?

whatever brand ypu buy, do not buy the cheapest or most expensive.
Don't buy from Home Despot - buy a Honda from your local Honda
equipment dealer, or a Toro from your Toro dealer, or a Husky from
your Husky dealer. Again, don't (generally speaking) buy their
cheapest unless the dealer tells you there are lower priced models but
he won't carry them, or won't recommend them, and will only sell them
if at all, if you insist - then perhaps buy the cheapest he
recommends. Tes, you MIGHT buy cheaper from the BORG - you MIGHT get
the same product, but I can almost guarantee it won't be properly
assembled, and you'll get NO service of any sort. Support your dealer.

I made a mistake about 10 years ago and went to a dealer for John Deere
to buy a mower. They were selling the same one as the local Lowes did.
Good thing I bought it at the dealer as the switch in the seat was
messed up and it would only run for about 100 feet before cutting off.
They came out and took it back and replaced the seat.

Where I messed up was that was the low end mower made for Lowes and such
, even though it was over 2 times the price of the low end brands like
Murry. Found out later when my transaxel went out that was a common
problem at around 300 hours of the mower.