Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Download for Windows Live Mail Email Client

"Andrew" wrote in message
news
On 10/07/2017 14:11, Biggles wrote:
"J1MBO" Wrote in message:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 10/07/2017 10:28, Alaric wrote:
For many years I have used Windows Live Mail. However, I bought a new
Acer laptop last week and have been unable to install it because MS no
longer supports it. I tried to transfer it from my old computer but
not
having the .exe file in my Downloads folder I am stumped. Can anyone
offer me guidance in this regard. I am computer literate but by no
means
an expert. My thanks in advance.

This link still seems to allow a download:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...dows_live.html

(at your own risk and all that!)

I was looking for an "outlook express" clone for windows 7 and 10 but
you
have to pay for it.....can't beat outlook express ......

I think you can.....
Mozilla Thunderbird.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/

Biggles