Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Time for a new mower...

On 07/09/2017 07:05 PM, John Albert wrote:
I might still consider it, but I'd like to hear what others might have
to say.
Should I consider other brands?

http://www.troybilt.com/equipment/tr...-tb130-xp-2017

It has a Honda engine and does a good job of mulching grass and leave in
the fall. TroyBilt does make a self-propelled that I may consider when I
get old, like 80. (nearing 70 in a matter of months).

My highly refined selection process -- I grew up near Troy and was
familiar with TroyBilt rototillers. I think the lawnmower is actually
made, or assembled as the case may be, in Alabama now.

It starts with one pull which is pretty light compared to some pull
starts I've used. A self-propelled with a bigger engine might be a
different story but then you've got to mess around with batteries. Using
a tender in the winter will add to the battery life.