Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Time for a new mower...

On 7/9/2017 9:05 PM, John Albert wrote:
Well, my 24-year-old Bolens lawn mower (old push-style, not even
self-propelled) died on me today with a BANG. Obviously, something broke
inside, valve, connecting rod, not sure what. After nearly a
quarter-century of service I guess it's time for something new. I don't
have the facilities to repair it, and it's probably not worth paying to
get fixed -- money better spent towards sumthin' new.

My needs:
- mulch mower (I do leaves with it, too)
- self-propelled (I'm gettin' old, nearing 70!)
- maybe electric start (is it worth it, those of you who have it?)

I did a quick web-review of Hondas, folks actually were so-so about one
of their models (HRR216K9VLA), that's generally available at Home Depot,
etc.

I might still consider it, but I'd like to hear what others might have
to say.
Should I consider other brands?
Toro?
Husqvarna? (sp)
etc.?

What say you?

I bought my Honda from a Honda dealer, not HD so it may be different.
I like it. That said, I've not used the other brands so I have no idea
how they compare. I don't think you'd go wrong with any of th major
brands.