Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default heater inspection

On Sunday, July 9, 2017 at 3:12:13 PM UTC-4, RonNNN wrote:
In article ,
says...
snip
I was trying to look up the specific part at part
stores, but didn't get past that there is no 1995 Pontiac GT. Was that a Firebird Transam GT or
something? I think you have to be careful with just general google searches because a lot of time
they come back with hits for aftermarket things
you could add, ie generic extra widgets, that are
not part of the car.

From some other googling, I found at least one
place that said that some cars do have the system
these guys are talking about, where they just
modulate the air flow and don't control the coolant
flow. That kind of design doesn't make any sense
to me for the reasons cited. But I still doubt
Clare's position that the vast majority of cars
are built that way now. Also, IDK what exactly
"now" means. If this big shift has occurerd, I
think it has to be only in much more recent years,
not back in 1995. The designs I've seen, the air
flowed through both the heating and cooling cores
and the coolant through both cores mas modulated
by valves according to need for heat or cooling.

Your expertise in automotive is severely lacking, so I'd *suggest* you
stick to topics that you know a little better.

--
RonNNN

ROFL!

Here's a link to a heater valve for BMWs:

BMW Heater Control Valve (X5 X6) - Genuine BMW 64116910544

FOR BMW E53 E70 F15 X5 00-15 E71 F16 X6

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ve-64116910544

And that fits many current models, not 20 year olds.

Here's one for a very popular high volume car,the Honda Accord,
2014 model:

HONDA OEM 2014 Accord-Heater Control Valve 79715T3VA01

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-OEM-20...hY62Pl&vxp=mtr

And Ed has posted many links too that show heater valves for autos. Those two above are particularly definitive to the issue at hand
because one fits most late model BMWs built in the past 5 years
or so, the other fits the Honda Accord. I looked for a 2014 model
specifically. So there you have it, lots of late model cars have
them. Lots of cars, most cars, had them 20 years ago too.

It's you who offers up nothing burgers. You said
your 1995 Pontiac GT didn't have one. I went to the online parts
stores, there is no 1995 Pontiac GT. It may be a Firebird variant
or something, but nothing comes up as a GT, so I couldn't check
it out any further. Like I said, you just need to look harder.