Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Dishwasher

On 7/9/2017 5:49 PM, Stormin' Norman wrote:

I am not sure if plumbing code in all states require an air gap as
part of the dishwasher installation. For more information, see:

https://www.thespruce.com/dishwasher-venting-2718654

Air gaps are not required in AZ unless in certain commercial buildings
and high rise apartment buildings.

That is interesting Wayne, thanks. If it were me and if I had an
extra punch-out in the sink, I think I would install one regardless.

I wouldn't, just a loop. Had dishwashers for 50 years and no problems
without it. Anyone know of a problem actually caused by a DW that back
siphoned into the water system? Yes, it can get into the DW, but the
purpose of the air gap is to protect the domestic water supply.