Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default YES!

On 7/9/2017 5:32 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 9 Jul 2017 16:34:15 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 7/9/2017 4:02 PM,
wrote:
Two nuts gas welded to two studs in the exhaust manifold. Studs that
had probably been in place since the backhoe was made back in the 70s.
I say had been in place because I got them both out. Now I don't need
to remove the manifold from the tractor. When the new exhaust riser
that bolts to the manifold arrives on Tuesday or Wednesday I'll just
need to bolt it on and fit the exhaust pipe to it. I was really
thinking that the exhaust and intake manifolds were gonna need to come
off of the engine. I am now really happy. Time for a barley soda.
Eric

Which reminds me , I have a bag of barley in the pantry , came from
the local Mennonite store . I wonder what they'd think about me malting
and brewing it - it was bought for use in soups but ...

--

Snag

Is the barley whole? Is it still alive? I've bought plenty of barley
in the store over the years for bacon and barley soup but I never
tried to get it to sprout, the first stage in malting grain. But then
all you really need is an enzyme to convert the starch to sugar and
I'm sure that's how the big boys do it. As for the Mennonites, I'm
sure you do and say all sorts of things they don't agree with and yet
they still sell to you. So why not malt some barley and tell us how it
went?
Eric

Yes , the barley is whole and should be viable for germination . That
was a passing fancy , I have neither the time nor the inclination right
now to make beer . Got a house that needs finishing , I'd like to at
least have sheet rock on all the walls before fall . The vaulted kitchen
ceiling may have to wait a while ... it gets wood . And faux beams . Hey
, as of today we have 2 functioning toilets - grand kids are coming for
a visit later this week and Mama said ... so Papa did . That bathroom
doesn't have any sheet rock on the walls either ...

--

Snag