Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Flesh Sensing Kapex, Track Saws, Domino ??

On Sun, 9 Jul 2017 08:12:29 -0600, Brewster wrote:

On 7/9/17 7:22 AM, Leon wrote:

I would say that Festool was pretty smart with the acquisition of SawStop.
Obviously more costly than just buying a license to offer the technology
but also an investment into remaining relevant.

So Leon, are you ready for your next Domino to have a steel spike
explosively shoot into the motor armature and the bit get vaporized by a
laser when your finger gets too close to the cutter? 8^)

I'll be very interested if Festool does come out with a table saw. Not
necessarily to buy one, but to see what innovative features they might
come up with. The TS has not changed much in the past century beyond a
raise/tilt system and a fence, what truly game changing feature could
possibly be next (besides more safety stuff)?

\
Why would Festool come out with a table saw. They like SawStop so
much that they bought the company. They don't need to develop
anything.