Posted to alt.home.repair

Default heater inspection

On Sat, 08 Jul 2017 15:49:27 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 15:09:43 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/8/2017 1:44 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 08 Jul 2017 12:41:10 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 08 Jul 2017 09:46:02 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 09:39:20 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Florida doesn't inspect cars at all unless you live in one of the
polluted blue cities. Then they scan for emission codes.
Pretty obvious when you drive there. Some of the worst clunkers I've
seen on the road ANYWHERE - and I've driven in a lot of "third world"
areas.

So what? They were still passing you.

e have limited inspection in CT. The accident rate is no worse than
states that do inspections.

Responsible people get their car repaired. Irresponsible people find
ways around the inspection.

That was pretty much what Florida figured out 40 years ago. It did not
have any noticeable effect on our accident rate either. Most accidents
involve alcohol or general inattention anyway (phones, food/drink or
screwing with electronic things on the dash), not equipment failure.
As was pointed out here, most inspection these days is just dumping
the codes on the computer anyway.

You are talking "emission testing" Safety checks are a totally
different kettle of fish - up here only required on non-commercial
vehicles for transfer of ownership or when required by insurance
company (usually on vehicles over 20 years old) Commercial vehicles
and vehicles towing heavy trailers get inspected more often (anually
or every six months, or every 2 years, depending on class) Then there
are highway spot checks for commercial vehicles as well.You really do
NOT want to fail one of those. Gets expensive!!!!!!