Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Flesh Sensing Kapex, Track Saws, Domino ??

On 7/9/2017 3:24 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

Yeah there is that. And I wonder what the issue with a dado blade is
with the EU regulation. But with that knowledge I think it is more
about stacking blades than cutting dado's. If the arbor oscillated
like a spindle sander does a single blade could be used.
As for as the EU is concerned I do not think a dado blade is the issue
as you can get dado blades that are fixed width. I really think it is
about the multiple stacked blades that is the issue. I think with so
many surfaces touching each other extra pressure is needed to prevent
the mass from coming loose on the arbor. More than a simple single
blade. I witnessed this once on my saw, I did not properly tighten
the dado set and it had enough mass and momentum that the stack
continued to spin well after the arbor stopped spinning. And on my
right tilt saw it could have loosened the nut enough to fall off.

As I recall, and I haven't seen this discussed in years, it was spindown
time. Dado sets take longer to spin down than a normal blade, and
apparently European Regulators can't wait that long. Maybe the saw made
that whirring noise dado sets make and they need to change their pants?

Puckdropper

Spin down time would not seem to be so as they do allow large massive
dado blades.