Neil Jones

Default Central Heating Zoning controls (was Are room thermostats out of fashion?) longish question

"Set Square" wrote in message ...
Andy Hall wrote:

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:54:43 +0000, Ian wrote:
My missing link was the need to still have a normal programmer to
handle the DHW - not realising that the programmable room stats do
not replace the programmer.

You don't.. You can have a programmable thermostat for the cylinder
as I mentioned - either wired or wireless.

If you do this plus programmable room controller(s), you don't need to
have an additional programmer at the boiler at all.

Whilst this is true, using a conventional programmer with its CH output
connected to the programmable room stats has the advantage that the heating
can be turned off from a single point (e.g. for the summer) without having
to re-programme the stats.

I installed a Honeywell CM67NG RF recently. It has an 'off' setting on
the programmable thermostat part - which is not really off but a
user-selectable frost-free setting which is 5 deg C out of the box,
IIRC.

Neil