Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do i clean fins on window ac?

On 7/8/2017 6:38 PM, Thomas wrote:
On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 5:44:26 PM UTC-4, Brock Begley wrote:
On 7/8/2017 1:33 PM, Thomas wrote:
I smoke and that in itself is bad but starting the ac stinks too much.

Let me get this straight. You voluntarily suck cigarette smoke into your lungs but you think the AC smells worse?

Yes. I am not the lone smoker. I hate the self righteous ass****s like you. ****.

Thomas , it's all about your mindset . I smoked for 40 years , and
"tried" to quit many times . Ignore the asshole ... he probably sucks
down 2 packs a day of Camel shorts .

One day I just decided that I *would* quit , not "try" to quit . Went
to the drug store and bought a box of nicotine patches and a bag of
Tootsie Roll Pops . It worked for me ... but as I said , it's all about
your mindset . That was 12 years ago in March , I have no cravings , and
FWIW now think that the stink is nasty .

Now , about your AC . Many units can be pulled out of the case to the
inside , you can then carry it outside to spray out with a hose . Tip it
up on one side so the water can all run out , and be sure to let it dry
for a day or so before you power it up . Goes without saying not to
spray water into electrical controls ...

--

Snag