Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default How do i clean fins on window ac?

On 7/8/2017 1:33 PM, Thomas wrote:
My window ac filter is clean but the fins behind it stink. I smoke and that in itself is bad but starting the ac stinks too much. It is a Kenmore 10000 about 10 years old. I have others to clean too but they are basically the same.
Is google my friend? Did not ask.

Cleaning is the easy part. Getting to the coil and rinsing away the
cleaning solution is difficult. There are fin cleaning solutions used
by commercial AC service people that you spray on and rinse but it would
be difficult on a window AC. If you can turn the unit so it is fins
down you could spray it and let it drain.

Ave you tried an odor eliminator, such as Febreeze? They may offer at
least a temporary fix, though not really clean.