Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Countax C600h lawn tractor - anybody here knowledgeable?

pretended :
I said "suddenly" because it worked OK and then didn't, but it must have been
slack before because nothing has broken, moved or dropped off. The belt slack
is supposed to be 12mm and was 75+mm! On investigation, the adjuster was
seized (I presume that's why it hadn't been corrected when the previous owner
had it "serviced") so I had to dismantle the front end to be able to get a
couple of spanners to it. All now fixed and the lawn is done - just need a
bit of rain now.

It is often easier to drop the cutting deck off the machine and slide
it out to make it easier to work on.