Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nomail@gmail.com is offline

Default Countax C600h lawn tractor - anybody here knowledgeable?

On 07/07/2017 00:11, wrote:
I've recently "inherited" this ride-on mower - it worked well until
yesterday but now the cutter drive belt tension is suddenly far too
slack, despite the tension handle being in the right place. The tension
adjusting nuts are on the end of a rod that's anchored on a metal
assembly (called a "DECK TENSION CRADLE WELDED ASSY") underneath the
front bumper - is this assembly supposed to pivot?

I said "suddenly" because it worked OK and then didn't, but it must have
been slack before because nothing has broken, moved or dropped off. The
belt slack is supposed to be 12mm and was 75+mm! On investigation, the
adjuster was seized (I presume that's why it hadn't been corrected when
the previous owner had it "serviced") so I had to dismantle the front
end to be able to get a couple of spanners to it. All now fixed and the
lawn is done - just need a bit of rain now.