Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default 22 inch toro lawnmower will not start

On 7/7/2017 5:46 AM, Stormin' Norman wrote:
On Fri, 07 Jul 2017 00:14:02 GMT, L G
m wrote:

Hello,
I have a one year old toro smart stow 22 inch lawnmower that stopped working
and will not start.

Checked: cleaned air filter, changed oil, new gas

This is a video of the sound it makes when we attempt to start:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Z...ew?usp=sharing

Did you hit anything substantial with the mower blade prior the engine
stalling? It could have happened immediately before or even during
recent past mowing sessions. If so, you could have a broken flywheel
key, which isn't as bad as it sounds, read about it he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8whgnLsTq8

Also, you can try removing the air filter and spraying a little
starting fluid into the intake of the carburetor, then, try starting
it. If it starts then dies, you probably have a vacuum leak, which
could be anything from a cracked plastic primer bulb to a loose
carburetor.

You don't need to go out and buy starting fluid.

Just dripping a little gas into the carb may do this as well. Use a
drinking straw - immerse a few inches of the end into your gas, cover
the other end with your finger, then move the gas end over the carb
opening (filter removed) and release your finger to drop the gas into
the carb. If it then starts but quickly dies, you likely have a plugged
carb jet or the vacuum leak.