Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Allread[_2_] Mark Allread[_2_] is offline

Default Countax C600h lawn tractor - anybody here knowledgeable?

On Fri, 07 Jul 2017 00:11:18 +0100, nomail wrote:

I've recently "inherited" this ride-on mower - it worked well until
yesterday but now the cutter drive belt tension is suddenly far too
slack, despite the tension handle being in the right place. The tension
adjusting nuts are on the end of a rod that's anchored on a metal
assembly (called a "DECK TENSION CRADLE WELDED ASSY") underneath the
front bumper - is this assembly supposed to pivot?

'Suddenly far too slack' implies that the belt has come off one of the
pulleys. Some of the pulleys on a Countax can be sods to reach as the
belt runs in a most odd layout.

I'd try following the belt around very carefully and double checking it
is in the vee of *all* the pulleys before looking further.

I find with my Honda ride-on that it is always the most inaccessible
pulley that has shed the belt...