Posted to alt.home.repair
Desert Dweller Desert Dweller is offline

Default 22 inch toro lawnmower will not start

L om wrote:
Hello,
I have a one year old toro smart stow 22 inch lawnmower that stopped working
and will not start.
Checked: cleaned air filter, changed oil, new gas
This is a video of the sound it makes when we attempt to start:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Z...ew?usp=sharing
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...t-1136871-.htm

Did it seem like it was out of balance when it was running before? There is an aluminum key on the shaft that can break and the mower won't start. It's for if you hit a rock or stump it will break before the mower is damaged. Since the key is aluminum it doesn't always take much for it to break. I knew someone who threw away a fairly new mower and bought a new one because he didn't know about those keys. They are fairly easy to replace, by taking off the shroud where the cord or crank is on top of the motor. If you have an electric starter it might be a little more difficult.