Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default Countax C600h lawn tractor - anybody here knowledgeable?

On 07/07/2017 09:01, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
It happens that formulated :
I've recently "inherited" this ride-on mower - it worked well until
yesterday but now the cutter drive belt tension is suddenly far too
slack, despite the tension handle being in the right place. The
tension adjusting nuts are on the end of a rod that's anchored on a
metal assembly (called a "DECK TENSION CRADLE WELDED ASSY") underneath
the front bumper - is this assembly supposed to pivot?

Suddenly, suggests...

The cutter belt has either come off one of the pulleys, or there is a
pivoting tensioning pulley which has lost its spring for the tensioning.

If this is the model I'm thinking of it has three blades and a stupidly
complicated drive belt routing. The tensioner is at the front of the
deck under the engine area and needs a box spanner or V deep socket to
adjust.

Mike