Thread: Weed killer?
View Single Post
  #30   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Weed killer?

On 7/5/2017 7:26 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 6:13:27 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
If it's plain old roundup, then that doesn't jive with your claim that you don't see weeds again until next spring. The most popular roundup product uses Glyphosate, it only kills what's growing actively at the time it's sprayed on. One of its benefits, again, is that you can seed a few days later and the seeds will grow fine.

I don't care if it jives with what you believe or not. It's Roundup
and I don't see weeds until the next Spring.
And instead of me going to Walmart to see which roundup products they stock at one store, I suggest you go visit the Monsanto roundup site. You'll see that they sell everything from ready to use Glyphosate type roundup, to roundup concentrate, to products that will kill everything and prevent germination for months, to products that just kill broadleaf weeds in turf. I believe we've been through this before and you still don't get that there isn't just one "plain" roundup and using the wrong one, for the wrong thing can be a disaster. And again, the Glyphosate roundup, which is what would be plain roundup, is not consistent with your claim of no more weeds until spring. It simply doesn't work that way to suppress new weed growth. It kills the weeds you spray, but new ones germinate and show up within a few weeks.

I don't care what Monsanto makes, what I buy kills weeds for a year.
I don't have to visit any site to know this.

I planted a genetically modified RoundUp Ready lawn so now I can just pour the glyphosate concentrate down my well shaft and then water my lawn. They say glyphosate is totally safe.